File Size

Enthält archivierte Beiträge von Hotschi's Board zum Download MOD.
Posten ist hier nicht möglich, bitte das Supportforum dafür verwenden!
Gesperrt
Anonymous

File Size

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Hello,

I have a small problem, I have this Download mod installed, all works fine, but two things are not the way I want them to be, the file sizes are not showing anything but not available even tho the info is there and the dling works ok and also I would like to know how to put the Download next to my
Skyport Forum Index while viewing a particular download..So it would show
Skyport Forum Index Downloads

I've double checked everything I know of, but the file size doesn't show up.

Thanks in advance
I'm German, but don't speak it, sorry
Hotschi

Beitrag von Hotschi »

"Not avalible" should only been shown for remote files? Isn´t it so?
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Hotschi hat geschrieben:"Not avalible" should only been shown for remote files? Isn´t it so?
I don't know that's what I guess I'm asking, what is the definition of remote files.
Hotschi

Beitrag von Hotschi »

remote files are files, which are not in your media- dir. (http://www....)
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Hotschi hat geschrieben:remote files are files, which are not in your media- dir. (http://www....)
Ok, now how do I get the file size to show up?

I really don't care if they are remote or not, that's not what I asked you.

File size is file size media or not.

Can you answer me?
Hotschi

Beitrag von Hotschi »

I´m sorry, but there is no way to show the filesize of remote files. It´s technical impossible, because this function sends a request to the server and the server will only answer to scripts at localhost :-(
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Hotschi hat geschrieben:I´m sorry, but there is no way to show the filesize of remote files. It´s technical impossible, because this function sends a request to the server and the server will only answer to scripts at localhost :-(
My files are on my server, media files are music files, right, I can't put zip files up as media can I?

There has to be a way to show the filesize of remote files, I see some sites doing just that, they are showing a file size for zip files, that's why I'm here asking you how to do it. Are they putting them up as media files instead and can those be zipfiles?
Hotschi

Beitrag von Hotschi »

Do NOT use the function "extern"!!!

grz
Hotschi
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Hotschi hat geschrieben:Do NOT use the function "extern"!!!

grz
Hotschi
I finally figured out how I need to do this and it works.

Copy all the Download-able zipfiles or other wise to the media subdir and click just the free and it works fine, you should add this info to the mod files in the future.

Thanks anyway
Hotschi

Beitrag von Hotschi »

it should also work if you don´t check "free".
Gesperrt