A question about download

Enthält archivierte Beiträge von Hotschi's Board zum Download MOD.
Posten ist hier nicht möglich, bitte das Supportforum dafür verwenden!
Gesperrt
awwase

A question about download

Beitrag von awwase »

Hi every one,

I really like this great mod. It has all what I need to manage files.
I have a question about downloading files. I set the permissions that only registered users can upload and download files. However, after uploading the file, the users can not download the file :!: until I -as the administer- edit the file information and make it free for the registered users. Is there away to make the uploaded file automatically available for the registered users?

Thanks in advanced.
oxpus

Beitrag von oxpus »

Check the permission settings for the categories.
awwase

Beitrag von awwase »

This is the setting of the category
Bild

but look what happen after a user uploaded a file
Bild

The file still could not be downloadable. How I can make it downloadable without needing any action by the admin?? BTW I didn't use the groups permissions here cause I want to apply it for all users
oxpus

Beitrag von oxpus »

There are more settings to check.
Look for the number of posts a user need to be able to download (General MOD settings).
The permissions on the category itself (you set it to all users).
Will the download be free or not free.
Did the user will have enough traffic?
awwase

Beitrag von awwase »

Thank you for help :)
Look for the number of posts a user need to be able to download (General MOD settings).
I put it = 0
The permissions on the category itself (you set it to all users).
I put it as what can be seen in the first image (or there is another way that I don't know it?)
Will the download be free or not free.
That's what I am looking for :D how to make it always free for the registered users?
oxpus

Beitrag von oxpus »

Set the download itself to "free for registered users".
awwase

Beitrag von awwase »

Sorry oxpus but looks like I will make troubles for you today :oops:

Do I need to make it free every time a user upload a file?
This opition will not be available until I give the Moderate permission for all users.

Bild

of course giving this permission means that all users can delete downloads :!: and this is not a good idea.

can I make all downloads free for the registered users without needing any action from me??
oxpus

Beitrag von oxpus »

Right: To set a download for free will only be able for an adminstrator or (if choosen) moderator.
This will be set because only the admin/webmaster can choose how many traffic he can/will spend all hosted downloads.

I'll not change this!
awwase

Beitrag von awwase »

Thank you very much. Even if I couldn't make it free automatically, I will use this MOD :wink:
Thank you again.
Gesperrt